There’s a reason why I have never been big on new year resolution: I’m afraid of commitment. Ahahaha, how cliché. No, not really.
Anyway, I’m joining the big 30 club this year so I gotta put that one out of the way.
So, here we are:
- Maintaining psychological hygiene. Keeping my sanity intact. If you are anything like me, you’d know it is not easy. And how do i plan to do that?
a. focus on what matters,
b. avoid unnecessary distraction,
c. stay positive, clean and purge yourself up from any negativity (yes, that means purging negative people on FB, too!),
d. get to know myself better: what makes me angst, avoid anxiety triggers, and know how to cope; and
e. The’DO IT NOW’ mantra. …
And It just happened that I stayed in during all the firework shows in new year eve and watched this video.
- Ibadah: Gak muluk-muluk, saya ingin sholat 5 waktunya gak bolong-bolong. Itu ajah.
- Reading habit: I need to discipline myself in this department. 2 books a month, at the very least.
- Social life. I lost a friend to a tragic motorcycle accident last year. It hit me so hard and so much. That time I realized 3 things: 1) life is momentary. You could plan everything ahead and do everything properly but click, and you’re dead. It could happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere; 2) we came into this world with nothing and will leave with as much. Make sure that what you do in between matters. Do good, be good. 3) there will only be a handful of people coming to your funeral. They are your real friends. Find them, keep them, be them.
- Till last year, I occupied myself so much with work. I started teaching at a uni, I opened a woodwork workshop, and some other small projects. There were always loads and loads of things to do. How did I fare, you ask? Well, not good. I wasn’t doing them out of greed. In fact, , I know my problem exactly: I was running from something only myself know. I ‘subconsciously’ thought if I kept myself busy enough, then I wouldn’t have the time and energy to think about it. At some point it might be true, but I had not been fair to myself. My body took the toll and I fell sick a lot last year. So, this year I’m am dropping the woodwork project, leave it to people who are good in it. I’ll focus on teaching, APique, and ONE personal project of mine
So far, that’s all i can think of right now.